We've updated our Terms of Use. You can review the changes here.

Hexed to Death

by Woven In

supported by
Dani Lee Pearce
Dani Lee Pearce thumbnail
Dani Lee Pearce so fluidly and masterfully is the sound of 1977 captured on this record that the tones of certain instruments on certain songs resonated with me in a way that I haven't felt since I was probably 18; other music that works within this world of sound has to work much harder to generate that from me. likely to become for me an immense comfort album through repeated listening Favorite track: Ghost Me.
mynameisblueskye
mynameisblueskye thumbnail
mynameisblueskye Brought together from two sides, Hexed to Death is a perfect album to be a crash course in Woven In. Synthpunk, rockabilly, experimental electronica, etc. Favorite track: Black Jean City.
/
  • Streaming + Download

    Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

    Baltimore Cease Fire receives 75% of all proceeds of digital only sales. The remaining 25% supports Grimalkin's label and mutual aid fund and helps us towards sustaining our work.
    They advocate to end gun violence.
    https://baltimoreceasefire.com/
    Purchasable with gift card

      $10 USD  or more

     

1.
When I meet someone and they say it was meant to be They've said it to the last one now they're saying it to me Do you really mean it when you say that you love me? Do you really mean it when you say that you love me? Do you really mean it are you in it for the long haul? Were you only lonely wanting someone on call? Do you really mean it? Do you really mean it? Do you really mean it? Do you really mean it?
2.
3.
Solace 01:49
4.
BDSM 01:20
5.
6.
Ray of Light 01:16
7.
8.
Ghost Me 02:37
9.
10.
Crowds 01:54
11.
12.
Head 00:44
13.
Persistence 00:55
14.
15.
16.

about

Hexed to Death is a culmination of instrumentations and emotions. Woven In has always kept this undertone of neverlasting love and starting the album of with the song "Do You Really Mean It?" confirms that sentiment. Some other themes are non-romantic love, kink, bravery and Some songs are rerecords of previously released songs but with different instruments. It's an album where I embrace change and experiments. It's groundwork for new sounds in the near future.

This is a digital only remaster release of Hexed to Death which was originally out in April 2019. This special edition of this fabulous album should get everyone's eardrums ready for new music by her out on lathe cut and cassette later in 2020.

wovenin.bandcamp.com

Baltimore Cease Fire receives 75% of all proceeds of digital only sales. The remaining 25% supports Grimalkin's label and mutual aid fund and helps us towards sustaining our work.
They advocate to end gun violence.
baltimoreceasefire.com

Mariah Fortune has been a darkwave musician, writing, touring and promoting herself under the moniker, Woven In since 2013. She's been a multi-instrumentalist for longer and a Black woman all her life. In her own words, "I'm making headway in a White/male dominated field by not only being a musician, but also being a facilitator of marginalized voices in my community" in Baltimore. Philly-born, Florida-raised and a few other stops in between has enabled her to be connected with a lot of artists of varied genres and diverse backgrounds. Now, she can host these acts at her new all-age sober showspace, Catbody (opening Jan 2020). Also check out her zine, Alt-Bae Zine and other cool merch she has on her Bandcamp: Please support her. We are blessed to work with someone as inspiring as Mariah. We are so excited and proud of her for opening her own DIY venue. We are so excited to work with her and have her part of the Grimalkin collective in helping bands with hosting and facilitating shows. Her input, feedback and influence is greatly welcomed. Please, please support her work and venue directly on her Bandcamp.
wovenin.bandcamp.com/merch
instagrams: @Woven_In @Altbaezine @Catbodyspace
wovenin.bandcamp.com

credits

released December 13, 2019

Mariah Fortune - Vocals, baritone and acoustic guitar, synth, programming, organ, recording, songwriting

*Merrill Jay Thomas - LIVE Drums* for following Tracks
Black Jean City, Brown Recluse, Crowds, Mind in a Bullpen, Even for a Day

Mastered by Nancy Grim Kells

cover art by Mariah Fortune

Thanks to Yeah I Know It Sucks for this lovely review: yeahiknowitsucks.wordpress.com/2020/06/05/woven-in-hexed-to-death/

license

all rights reserved

tags

about

Grimalkin Records Richmond, Virginia

Grimalkin Records is a trans and queer led mutual aid-oriented record label and collective created to support and foster connections between queer artists (with priority to QTBIPOC), listeners, and their local communities and grassroots organizations.

501(c)(3) nonprofit

non-binary finery & the trans fam queer cheer cats

Accepting submissions. Please email spartanjetplex@gmail.com.
... more

contact / help

Contact Grimalkin Records

Streaming and
Download help

Shipping and returns

Redeem code

Report this album or account

If you like Hexed to Death, you may also like: