We've updated our Terms of Use. You can review the changes here.

Cardinality

by Cardinality

supported by
Kamani
Kamani thumbnail
Kamani Cardinality's debut album Cardinality is just a wonderful album. It sounds wonderful and the lyrics are really strong, and the voices are just brilliant. All in all, just a wonderful listen.
Thank you for creating such a wonderful album. Favorite track: Introduction To Cardinality.
Dani Lee Pearce
Dani Lee Pearce thumbnail
Dani Lee Pearce two impeccably and inseperably crystalline voices caught in eternal crimson crisp swimming circles <333 i can only pick one favorite but "Party of One" also rules so much Favorite track: Patterns (ft. Rob Gibsun).
Gene Hex · Evening of Light
Gene Hex · Evening of Light thumbnail
Gene Hex · Evening of Light [Hedda]
I'm burning up here, but this new Cardinality album is soothing me to no end. R&B, hip hop, jazz, a pleasant light amount of glitchiness, a warm, airy production. Languid on the surface, but dreadfully clever.
/
  • Record/Vinyl + Digital Album

    Digital download of Cardinality included with each lathe cut purchase, as well as:

    *a Cardinality sticker of cover art

    *2 different Cardinalityt pins

    *Handwritten thank you note

    *a couple surprise stickers & pins from Grimalkin Records

    Bonus items with digital download include promo pictures of Cardinality.

    All proceeds from the sale of lathe cuts go to our artist and mutual aid collective fund. This fund helps us pay artists for things like playing shows, artwork, and other artistic type needs like help with distributing their music, equipment or transportation to get to shows.
    grimalkinrecords.bandcamp.com

    lathe cut records made by:
    groovyduderecords.com

    Includes unlimited streaming of Cardinality via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
    ... more
    ships out within 28 days
    6 remaining
    Purchasable with gift card

      $30 USD or more 

     

  • Streaming + Download

    Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

    Bonus items with digital download include promo pictures of Cardinality, as well as cover art for At the Dinner Table.
    Artists receive 75% of all proceeds of digital only sales. The remaining 25% supports Grimalkin's label and mutual aid fund and helps us towards sustaining our work.
    Tape proceeds go to the Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP).
    https://www.rrfp.net/
    Lathe cut proceeds go to our artist and mutual aid collective fund. This fund helps us pay artists for things like playing shows, artwork, and other artistic type needs like help with distributing their music, equipment or transportation to get to shows.
    Purchasable with gift card

      $10 USD  or more

     

  • Limited Edition Full Length 10" Lathe Cut
    Record/Vinyl + Digital Album

    Digital download of Cardinality included with each lathe cut purchase, as well as:

    *a Cardinality sticker of cover art

    *2 different Cardinalityt pins

    *Handwritten thank you note

    *a couple surprise stickers & pins from Grimalkin Records

    Bonus items with digital download include promo pictures of Cardinality.

    All proceeds from the sale of lathe cuts go to our artist and mutual aid collective fund. This fund helps us pay artists for things like playing shows, artwork, and other artistic type needs like help with distributing their music, equipment or transportation to get to shows.
    grimalkinrecords.bandcamp.com

    lathe cut records made by:
    groovyduderecords.com

    Includes unlimited streaming of Cardinality via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
    ... more

    Sold Out

  • Limited Edition Cassette
    Cassette + Digital Album

    hand-dubbed with love <3

    Digital download of Cardinality included with each cassette purchase, as well as:

    *a Cardinality sticker of cover art

    *2 different Cardinality pins

    *Handwritten thank you note

    *a couple surprise stickers & pins from Grimalkin Records

    Bonus items included with digital download include promo pictures of Cardinality.

    Proceeds from cassette sales go to the Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP). The Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP) seeks to further Reproductive Justice by providing practical and financial support for abortion services in Virginia and surrounding communities. RRFP strives to be a resource to the community by engaging in grassroots advocacy for the full spectrum of reproductive rights.
    www.rrfp.net

    Includes unlimited streaming of Cardinality via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
    ... more

    Sold Out

  • Limited Edition Cassette (2nd Run)
    Cassette + Digital Album

    hand-dubbed with love <3

    Digital download of Cardinality included with each cassette purchase, as well as:

    *a Cardinality sticker of cover art

    *2 different Cardinality pins

    *Handwritten thank you note

    *a couple surprise stickers & pins from Grimalkin Records

    Bonus items included with digital download include promo pictures of Cardinality.

    Proceeds from cassette sales go to the Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP). The Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP) seeks to further Reproductive Justice by providing practical and financial support for abortion services in Virginia and surrounding communities. RRFP strives to be a resource to the community by engaging in grassroots advocacy for the full spectrum of reproductive rights.
    www.rrfp.net

    Includes unlimited streaming of Cardinality via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
    ... more

    Sold Out

1.
2.
3.
Office Hours 02:05
4.
5.
Vanity 01:56 video
6.
7.
Fusion 03:03
8.
9.
Party Of One 03:11
10.

about

Richmond,VA based duo Cardinality debuts this summer with a self-titled project. An intimate collaboration between RVA artist Ty Sorrell (they/them) and singer AG Himself (he/him), Cardinality holds your hand through a painted musical palette of luxury,spirituality, pride, and patience. Joined by Rob Gibsun (he/him) and guest producer Rathawn (he/they), the duo presents a 10 track window into the holiness of the everyday.

Artists receive 75% of all proceeds of digital only sales. The remaining 25% supports Grimalkin's label and mutual aid fund and helps us towards sustaining our work.

cardinality.bandcamp.com
Tape proceeds go to the Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP). The Richmond Reproductive Freedom Project (RRFP) seeks to further Reproductive Justice by providing practical and financial support for abortion services in Virginia and surrounding communities. RRFP strives to be a resource to the community by engaging in grassroots advocacy for the full spectrum of reproductive rights.
www.rrfp.net
Lathe cut proceeds go to our artist and mutual aid collective fund. This fund helps us pay artists for things like playing shows, artwork, and other artistic type needs like help with distributing their music, equipment or transportation to get to shows.

credits

released July 24, 2020

1. Introduction to Cardinality (prod. Ty Sorrell)
2. Alive/Again (prod. Rathawn)
3. Office Hours (prod. Ty Sorrell)
4. At the Dinner Table (prod. Ty Sorrell)
5. Vanity (prod. Ty Sorrell)
6. Patterns ft. Rob Gibsun (prod. Ty Sorrell)
7. Finery (prod. Ty Sorrell)
8. Back N' Forth (prod. Ty Sorrell)
9. Party of One (prod. Ty Sorrell)
10. Eden ft. Rob Gibsun (prod. Ty Sorrell)

Vocal performance and lyrics on all songs by AG Himself and Ty Sorrell
Songs mastered by Nancy Grim Kells
Cover art by Alfred.
Graphic design by Alfred. and Elizabeth Owens
Photo credits for promo pictures: Connor Barrett
cardinality.bandcamp.com
tribeninetyfive.bandcamp.com

Huge thanks to Al and Secret Wine Press for premiering the first single, At the Dinner Table: secretwinepress.com/single-premier-cardinality/

Huge thanks to Misha and Madison at Indiewitches for this review of At the Dinner Table: www.indiewitches.net/post/at-the-dinner-table-by-cardinality

Huge thanks to Travis and Counterzine for premiering this album for us: counterzine.com/2020/07/24/album-premiere-review-cardinalitys-s-t/

Huge thanks to Marina, Audrey and Slug Magazine for this terrific interview and review: www.slugmag.com/music/interviews/music-interviews/cardinality-gives-a-look-into-everyday-spirituality-with-their-debut-album/

Huge thanks to Taylor and the All Scene Eye for this fantastic interview: theallsceneeye.com/2020/07/29/cardinality-on-support-and-self-love-in-their-self-titled-debut/

Thanks to Matt for this kind review: post-trash.com/news/2020/10/9/cardinality-cardinality-album-review

license

all rights reserved

tags

about

Grimalkin Records Richmond, Virginia

Grimalkin Records is a trans and queer led mutual aid-oriented record label and collective created to support and foster connections between queer artists (with priority to QTBIPOC), listeners, and their local communities and grassroots organizations.

501(c)(3) nonprofit

non-binary finery & the trans fam queer cheer cats

Accepting submissions. Please email spartanjetplex@gmail.com.
... more

contact / help

Contact Grimalkin Records

Streaming and
Download help

Shipping and returns

Redeem code

Report this album or account

If you like Cardinality, you may also like: